Friday, July 5, 2013

Orange Paperie & Co -SSS Challenge for July

My turn to pick the challenge for this month over at OP&C and to ask a talented Scrapper to be my Guest Designer for the month of July.....

 As most of you know I love machine stitching on my layouts....so there had to be stitching... Stencils and masks are everywhere so I thought that's something else I could include and finally, I know I have heaps of stamps I know I don't use enough ???? hmmmm!

So was born              The TRIPLE "S" Challenge

1. STITCHING-(machine, hand or even hand drawn.)
2. STAMPING
3. STENCILLING/masking-(use with any media-ink, paint, texture paste.)


 The Scrapper I approached for Guest Designer this month is the awesomely talent Rachael Funnell. Be sure to check Rachael's blog HERE
She is such a treasure. I have met Rachael on a few occasions now and she is a class act all the way. Rachael has just made the Kaisercraft Design Team 2013-2014. Congrats Rachael!

Now to show you my layout.....it is a Vintage style layout of my mother with 2 of her little friends. She is in the middle and by my calculations she would have been 11 or 12 years of age.
 I don't have a lot of photo's of her, but thanks to FB and my cousin Rod, who posted this photo I now have an extra one.....Thanks Cuzz!

 {1954}
 
My Mother (middle) aged 11-12yrs
I've used CB8005 Layered Frame 03
from Scrapmatts. I had about half the frame left over from another project and knew it was just what I needed for this project. I lightly misted with a pink mist.
Metal charms are from
 

I have used a prima mask (flower by Finnabair) and just used ink and a blender for my stencil work and I have randomly stamped using an old prima stamp I have had in my stash for some time.....and yep!!! of course, machine stitching.
 
I hope you can join us at OP&C this July
and thanks for  stopping bye

2 comments:

Margaret Mifsud said...

Your creations are amazing Kim. I've had a good look around your blog and have love all that i've seen. absolutely beautiful. Have become a follower so I can see more of your gorgeous art. Thank you. ox

Jasmine S said...

Beautiful Kim. Gorgeous details and subtleness to highlight the wonderful pic.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search this blog